top of page

COVID-19 Policy


Sierra Climbing School (SCS) will observe latest CDC Guidelines along with Mono and Inyo County Health recommendations regarding mask use and vaccination/booster status of guides. Participants will send Proof of Vaccination upon registration or proof of a negative COVID-19 test 72 hrs in advance of scheduled date. Any participants experiencing symptoms of COVID-19 or proof of a COVID-19 positive test result will not participate in SCS activities, cancellation policy applies.



Cancellation and Deposit Policy


    Your reservation is secured with full payment of invoice. Sierra Climbing School (SCS) issues invoices via Stripe before final confirmation email is sent. Cash and checks are also accepted in advance, contact the office to arrange payment (1-760-313-6900). 

    If you must cancel, for any reason, with thirty days or more notice you may cancel the outing for a full refund minus a $50 administrative fee. A 50% refund is available if cancellation occurs 14-29 days in advance of the outing as scheduled. If cancellation occurs less than 14 days in advance the full deposit will be forfeited.  

    If you need to reschedule your dates over 30 days in advance of the outing no administrative fee will be incurred. With 14-29 days of notice rescheduling is only possible if our schedule and permits allow along with a $50 administrative fee. Rescheduling with less than 14 days notice will only be issued a 50% credit towards the rescheduled date and a 50% forfeiture of deposit to pay guide and administrative fees. Dates are only available to be rescheduled in the same calendar year.

    Any outings cancelled in advance by SCS will be eligible for a refund or free rescheduling, if possible. If the outing meets and cancels, a $100 fee will be deducted from the original deposit to pay the guide and administrative fee. Outings cancelled once in the field are only available for a pro-rated refund not in excess of 50% of deposit. Group class prices are subject to a  minimum number of participants, any group outing that becomes a private outing will be charged as such. 

    SCS reserves the right to cancel outings for reasons including but not limited to air quality, weather, land manager closures and safety issues. If AQI exceeds 150 PPM in the area of the outing, attempts will be made to change locations or reschedule. SCS office and guides shall use their best judgement and conservative decision making in regards to weather forecasting and cancellation. Any land manager closures (ie fire season closure) will be subject to cancellation/rescheduling policy as previously stated.

bottom of page